DOWNLOAD THE EXCELLENCE AWARDS ENTRY FORM
Deadline: 18 July 2018 (no extensions will be considered)
The Institute of Municipal Engineering of Southern Africa (IMESA) and the Consulting Engineers of South Africa (CESA) have pleasure in inviting local, provincial and government or semi-government authorities and/or their engineering consultants to submit entries for the 2018 IMESA / CESA EXCELLENCE AWARDS.
The Awards recognise outstanding achievements in municipal infrastructure and entries should showcase projects which demonstrate the best of civil engineering as a science and how engineering enhances the lives of the local communities. Entries should demonstrate significant achievement through innovation, design or construction.
Projects may only be entered into ONE of the following categories:
- Engineering Excellence in Structures & Civils
- Community Upliftment & Job Creation
- Environment & Climate Change
Submitted projects ought to satisfy the following criteria:
- The effectiveness of the project in response to community needs.
- The involvement of the municipal engineer’s on the project.
- The extent of innovation, ingenuity and originality of the project.
- Environmental sustainability.
- Financial sustainability over lifecycle of project.
- Quality & efficiency of implementation of the project i.e. on time and within budget.
- Quality of the submission.
Entries will be judged by a nominated panel of qualified engineers, each an authority in his / her field, and under the chairmanship of the IMESA and CESA Presidents. It should be noted that the awards recognize the project itself, and NOT the individuals, firms or organizations involved.
Presentation of Awards
The awards will be presented on Tuesday, 30th October 2018, at the Opening Function of the 82nd IMESA Conference in Port Elizabeth at the Boardwalk Hotel. The top 3 entrants in each category will be invited to attend the Excellence Awards, cost of travel and accommodation will be for the entrants own account.
For entry queries please contact:
031 266 3263